Things To Do
Here's some things to do next time you visit.
Tour the Museum of Work and Culture
- Learn the story of French Canadian immigrants who left Quebec to come to work in the mills and factories of Woonsocket.
Ride in Rhode Island's Merci Boxcar
- Learn about Woonsocket's veterans at the Lt. Georges Dubois Veterans Museum.
Visit the Blackstone River National Heritage Corridor
- A special national park designed to preserve the industrial history of the Blackstone River Valley.
See a Show at the Stadium Theatre
- One of New England's finest 1920's era movie houses.
Take a Canoe Trip on the Blackstone
- A great way to see the city.
Take a Cruise on the Blackstone Valley Explorer
- See local landmarks and hear interesting stories of the city's past and present.
- Woonsocket's Ice Skating Rink at River Island Park
- The "Social Ocean" at World War II Veterans Memorial State Park
- Woonsocket's fall celebration.
La Fete du Jour de l'An
- A traditional New Year's Day family celebration held at the Museum of Work and Culture.
- A canoe and kayak race from River Island Park to the Manville Dam in Lincoln.
Take a Class at the Center for the Arts and Spirituality
- A non-profit, interfaith community center providing affordable arts education and events.
Discover your Family History at the American-French Genealogical Society
- A non-profit genealogical and historical organization devoted to people of French-Canadian descent.
Eat at one of Woonsocket's Fine Restaurants
- Nothing fancy - just good food in a family atmosphere.
Relax in one of Woonsocket's Parks
- A great place to spend and afternoon.
| Things to Do |